BENEFITS – WHAT'S IN IT FOR ME
Star Tracker Benefits
Ask yourself the following questions:
Here are some of the benefits that can be derived from our Vehicle Tracking and Fleet Management solutions:
- Do you know where your service or delivery vehicles are at any given time?
- Do you need to provide accurate and timely information about delivery times, stops, etc. to your clients to answer a support issue?
- Do you know if all the overtime being charged is necessary?
- When there is a dispute with a customer or an accident, is there anything to back you up?
- Are your drivers taking the most efficient route to their job?
- Do you spend time locating a vehicle or misplaced trailer/asset?
- Are your vehicles and drivers safe?
- Are you hauling high value cargo that needs to be tracked?
- Are you spending too much money on fuel due to unauthorized use, idling or out of route situations?
- What are your insurance risks, can your premiums be reduced?
Increase Fleet Efficiency
You can analyze the duration of service calls and identify situations where unproductive time is being spent. You can analyze routes taken by the vehicles and ensure that the most optimum route for each job is taken.
Control Labor Costs
StarTracker's solutions help companies get a grip on labor costs and cuts down overtime. The systems create accurate and verifiable employee and vehicle/assets activity that can be used in accounting and billing systems.
Lower Fuel Bills
GPS tracking information reduces high fuel bills in three primary areas: controlling speeding, reducing idling and unauthorized usage. Speeding increases your maintenance costs, fleet insurance premiums, fuel expenses, gas mileage and your liability when an accident occurs. Engine idling condition can be detected and reported. This has a direct bearing on the fuel expenses. Unauthorized use of vehicles increases your fuel costs as well as overall liability. Fleets normally report 5 - 12 % reduction in fuel related expenses as a result of implementing a GPS based fleet management system.
Improve Vehicle & Cargo Security
Companies lose millions of dollars every year because of the theft of cargo, vehicles, trailers, etc. GPS based tracking systems can play a major role in preventing both vehicle & cargo thefts as well as aiding in recovery.
Reduce/Prevent Unauthorized Usage
GPS tracking units monitor where your vehicles are or have been and at what times. This puts controls on unauthorized usage and reduces moonlighting significantly.
Resolve Billing Disputes
The system records arrival and departure times. Many times, this provides you enough data to back up any disputes you may have with your customer.
Lower Maintenance Costs
Following a Scheduled Maintenance Plan is the key to lowering fleet maintenance and repair (M &R) costs. StarTracker's system allows maintenance to be scheduled based on a variety of variables such as miles driven, operating hours, time elapsed, etc. As soon as a vehicle is due for maintenance, an alert can be e-mailed to the appropriate person responsible for maintenance.
Typically, 5-10% of the M&R costs can be eliminated by a properly run Scheduled Maintenance Plan.
Lower Insurance Costs
A GPS tracking system aids in the recovery of stolen vehicles and cargo. In many situations, theft or unauthorized use of equipment can be detected within minutes. Many insurance providers offer between 5 - 12 % discounts on Insurance Premiums for vehicles equipped with GPS tracking devices. Contact your insurance provider for more information.